Art For Angus – Childhood Cancer Support
An evening of awareness, art and auction, for a better quality of life for children with cancerA cocktail fund-raising evening with impact will be held on Saturday 16th September, 2017 at the Queensland Art Gallery to raise funds for Angus Johns and other children like him, who are suffering with cancer.
Angus Johns is like any other 2-year-old boy; lively, boisterous and gorgeous – except unlike most, he has a rare form of brain cancer.
Like other children who have been dealt with this unfair blow so early in life, he is struggling through treatments and living in and out of hospital, cared for by his mum, Jess.
Angus’s family, want to help him by raising funds to provide the best possible care and chance for his recovery.
All funds raised will be directed towards helping Angus receive the care he needs. A portion will be donated to Childhood Cancer Support – a family focused charity taking care of regional children and their families by providing a place to call home while their child undergoes life-saving cancer treatment.
“We wanted to create an evening to remember, so we’ve ensured that top quality is the order of the night. It’s been so heart-warming to see everyone donating their time, talents and products and prizes to ensure there’s a wide selection of entertainers and auction items on the evening,” event convenor John Archer said.
Here’s what you can expect:
- The evening will be hosted by TV host Mike Goldman and 97.3FM radio host Bianca Dye.
- The food will be plentiful and delicious of course as it’s prepared by GOMA’S award-winning executive chef, Josh Lopez (Brisbane Times Good Food Guide 2016 Chef of the Year).
- Entertainment by a trio of top local performers: singer/songwriter Jackie Marshall, Phil Smith (Brisbane based Americana artist) and Hillsborough (country music with a twist).
- With artworks being auctioned off on the night including a portrait by the acclaimed Charles Billich who has kindly donated a portrait; that can be of you, a member of your family, prized pet or equine high achiever. Charles is the official artist for the World Cup Polo in Sydney in October and will be attending with his wife, Christa.
- A great selection of other items will be auctioned off by Peter Burgin (chief auctioneer for Place Real Estate). There’s something for everyone including exclusive restaurants, para-gliding, art prints, memorabilia and more.
- Multi-award winning executive coach and International speaker Josie Thomson, will share her brave and inspiring stories as guest speaker
- All of this at one of the most prestigious event venues in Brisbane: The Watermall at The Queensland Art Gallery.
To purchase tickets, please visit https://www.stickytickets.com.au/56480/art_for_angus.aspx
More information can be found on Facebook #ArtForAngus or phone John Archer 0400 707597